Welcome to HtE Recruitment
To ensure you meet the legal requirements, having your staff trained in a range of key areas is so important. It can be hard to get your staff to a college for training, there are online training available.
Here is a link to a few useful training courses for the hospitality and catering industry. You can do a level 2 or 3 food hygiene certificate, fire saftey, Allergy training and COSSH.
Food hygiene level 2:
you get your certificate, emailed to you. - click here to do the course now
Upon completion of this module learners will have an understanding of a wide range of key food safety issues, including the three main types of food safety hazard, their sources and methods of control. Learners will know the correct temperatures needed for storage and food handling activities from delivery through to sale, and be aware of common food pests and how to control them, along with the principles of cleaning and disinfection and how these apply to the workplace.
The sections covered include:
- Learning Objectives and an introduction to Food Safety and Hygiene - Food Safety and Hygiene are terms commonly used, here we will look at how they relate to food that has been prepared and served.
- Impact of Food-Borne Illness - looking at what food-bourne illnesses are and how they affect us.
- Understanding Food Law - food often has a long journey from growing, harvesting, delivery, preparation through to being eaten. As a result there are many opportunities for it to become contaminated. In this section we look at legislation in place that relates to food hygiene and safety.
- Food Safety Hazards and Contamination - exploring food safety hazards and how they arise and consider how they can be prevented and controlled.
- Food Preservation, Storage and Temperature Control - how to preserve food, including appropriate storage and temperature controls.
- Personal Hygiene - this section looks at why personal hygiene is so important when working with food - from hand washing to legal requirements.
- Hygienic Premises and Equipment - this section looks at good housekeeping and the part premises and equipment design play in maintaining clean, pest-free conditions.
- Hazards Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) - it is a requirement of regulations that all businesses implement and maintain a documented Food Safety Management system based on HACCP. This section looks at what this involves.
Food hygiene level 3:
click here to do your level 3
Topics covered in this online training include:
- Food safety hazards and contamination
- Food-borne illness
- Understanding food law
- The role of the supervisor
- Food safety management (HACCP)
- Food preservation
- Food storage and temperature control
- Personal hygiene
- Workplace equipment and design
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest control
- Module summary
The lesson plan for this module addresses these needs with::
- Awareness of key legislation and legal requirements relating to fire safety.
- Knowledge of the 'Fire Triangle'.
- Knowledge of fire detection and warning systems and how to use and react to them.
- Fire Triangle
- Key factors relating to evacuation in the event of fire.
- Knowledge of fire types and which extinguishers can be used on them.
- Precautions to minimise the risk of fire.
Approximately 1 - 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. The course is self-paced with approximately 67 interactive screens and multiple components. You do not have to complete all the training in one session. Your progress will be recorded throughout
Food Allergy Awareness
The aim of this Food Allergy Awareness Training course is to raise understanding of the impact for those consumers who are allergic to a particular food or ingredient and how to ensure consumers are well informed about their food choices There is no known cure for a food allergy and consumers have to avoid the food or ingredient to prevent reactions to the allergenic food. For some only a trace of the allergenic food may be needed, symptoms can range from mild to serious and for some consumers can be life threatening.
This training will explore the practical things which need to be considered to keep consumers safe. A legal requirement through the Food Information Regulations requires accurate information about what's in food, for Pre packed food through accurate labelling and for loose or unwrapped food by providing correct information to consumers.
The sections covered include:
- What is a food allergy?
- The impact on consumers
- The requirements of the Food Information Regulations Labelling requirements for Pre packed food
- Providing accurate information for consumers where loose or unwrapped food is served and sold
- How to avoid cross contamination when preparing , storing , serving allergenic and non-allergenic foods
This takes around 1-2 hours
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Introduction
- Learning Objectives
- Assessing Workstation risk
- The Working Environment
- Portable DSE – Laptops
- Workstation Checklist
Using cleaning chemincals? - COSHH training
The An Overview of COSHH course has been created to provide people at any level, in any sector, with guidance that will help them to work safely with substances that are hazardous to health.
The subjects covered in this module include:
- Introduction to COSHH
- What does COSHH stand for?
- Why bother with COSHH?
- Hazardous Substances
- Where hazardous substances can be found
- Effects of hazardous substances
- Which substances are classed as hazardous under COSHH
- Examples of harmful substances at work
- Is COSHH relevant?
- Identifying the symbols
- Safety data sheets
- Complying with COSHH regulations
- Step 1: Asses the risks
- Step 2: Deciding what precautions are needed
- Step 3: Prevent or adequately control exposure
- Step 4: Ensure that control measures are used and maintained
- Step 5: Monitor exposure
- Step 6: Prepare plans and procedures to deal with accidents, incidents and emergencies
- Step 7: Ensure that employees are properly informed, trained and supervised
- Step 8: Carry out appropriate health surveillance
This takes about 1 hour.
All the training is done online. All training is done by an external online training company called Virtual college, HtE Recruitment are not responsible for the training. All prices are correct in August 2016, when writting this page. We have no control over the prices or course content. HtE Recruitment post lnks to these courses to give our temp workers and clients one point of contact for these important training areas. There are a wide range of other providers who do the training as well, this is just one of the providers.
All training is done online, if you Need some technology at good prices, like laptops and tablets? Argos has a good range of low cost tablets and laptops and has price promotions on a regular basis during the year, click on the link below: